There are over 21 million people who live in Florida, and many others who are part time residents who own homes. The majority of Florida homeowners need to have home insurance, but it’s not always a straight forward process for those seeking it. There are many mistakes that people make when getting their Florida home insurance. Avoiding some of the common mistakes can save you money and heartache in the long run.
Here are 5 mistakes people often make with their Florida home insurance:
- Not having enough coverage. Many people skimp when they get their Florida home insurance, wanting to save money, but not making sure they have enough coverage. This can leave you unable to get the help you need when you need it.
- Not understanding their policy. Believe it or not, many people have no idea what their policy actually offers. They sign up for what they are offered, don’t get their questions answered, and end up not knowing what their Florida home insurance policy covers.
- Assuming Florida flood insurance is included. If you think that Florida flood insurance is automatically included in your home insurance policy, think again! Flooding is not typically a standard part of a home policy, it’s something additional that you need to request and pay for. Don’t wait until you have a flood to confirm you don’t actually have flood coverage.
- Not asking about discounts. Many people are not even aware that they may qualify for discounts that can give them more affordable Florida home insurance rates. Things such as smoke detectors and hurricane shutters may help get you discounts. It’s wise to always inquire about what type of discounts you may be able to get.
- Not doing an annual Florida home insurance rate comparison. If you stay with the same Florida home insurance provider year after year, there’s a good chance the rate continues to rise. It’s a good idea to do a rate comparison once a year to see if your rate is competitive and if you have the best Florida home insurance rate for your needs.
Florida home insurance is a must, but if you are making some of these common mistakes you could be setting yourself up for disappointment if you ever need to put in a claim. Contact us today at Webb Insurance Options so that we provide you with a free quote. We can help make sure you have the most affordable Florida home insurance rates and the best possible coverage!