Millions of people are renters in Florida. In fact, the news reported not long ago that there are more renters now than any time in the last 50 years. Increasingly, people in Florida are renting because it is a more affordable option. What most of these people are not aware of is the importance of having Florida renter’s insurance. The last thing that you want as a renter is to find out too late that you should have had insurance.
Florida renters insurance is something no renter should go without. The more you realize how important the option is, the more you will see why you shouldn’t waste time in making sure you have it. Here are 5 reasons every Florida renter needs insurance:
- Protect your belongings. When you rent, whether it’s an apartment or house, the person who owns the property has insurance. Their insurance only covers the property, not your contents inside of it. If something happens, the building owner’s insurance would take care of the property, but you would be left with losses.
- Protect your guests. Guests who are visiting you would be covered if they were hurt. Whether it’s tripping on your rug or slipping and falling, you would have liability coverage. Without it, the person could sue you for damages and medical costs.
- You may be required to have it. Many people don’t realize it, but some landlords do require that their renters have Florida renters insurance. If you are required to have it and don’t, it could lead to problems.
- It’s affordable. When people think of Florida renters insurance they assume that it’s something expensive. That’s simply not true. You would be surprised at how affordable Florida renters insurance really is. You can get all of your contents covered with a policy that will only cost $10-20 per month, depending on what all you have.
- Peace of mind. Having renters insurance brings peace of mind. If a hurricane is headed our way, for example, you can take comfort knowing that your belongings will be covered if the property is damaged. It’s worth every penny.
There are many good reasons to have Florida renters insurance, and no good reasons to skip out on it. If you don’t have it, you will be saving very little out of pocket each month, yet taking a big risk if something were to happen.
Give us a call today and we’ll find you the best Florida renter’s insurance rates!