There are over a million condos in the state of Florida. Many people own condos and either live in them full time, part time, or they rent them out to vacationers. With so many people having condos in Florida, it’s important that those who own them or live in them know about Florida condo insurance. Having the information is the best way to protect yourself and your investment.
Here are 5 things to know about Florida condo insurance:
- Coverage. It’s important to know what your Florida condo insurance policy covers. Condo units tend to have common area and share some responsibility for various areas of the building. The shared interests may be cared for through the HOA. Be sure to inquire about exactly what your condo insurance policy covers.
- Enough coverage. Once you find out what your Florida condo insurance policy covers you will want to make sure you have enough coverage. You may find out that you don’t have enough insurance to cover damages that you could incur inside the condo, such as to your interior structures.
- Liability. Your Florida condo insurance policy may not include liability insurance. It’s important to have it in the event that someone gets hurt while in your condo. Having liability insurance will help to cover you if something were to happen to one of your visitors.
- Home improvements. If you make improvements to the inside of your condo, you may want to take another look at your insurance policy. That’s the only way to ensure that you are covered for what your property and belongings are actually worth.
- Rates. Many people get stuck in a rut with their Florida condo insurance policy. Ideally, you should get a rate quote every year to see if you could be getting a better rate. This can save you a lot of money over the years.
Florida condo insurance is essential for anyone who owns a condo in the state. Those who rent a condo will want to have a Florida renter’s insurance policy, so that their personal belongings are covered. Contact us today at Webb Insurance Options for a free Florida condo insurance quote. We can help you find the best rate around, without sacrificing on coverage!