Many people have noticed in the last year that their Florida homeowners insurance is going up. They have been receiving notices about the increase that will be taking place, and for many people it’s quite big. The good news is that you don’t have to just take that new rate and start shelling out more money. You can take action to keep premiums lower.
If you do nothing, then you will end up getting rate hike after rate hike. Soon you will be surprised at how inflated your premiums have become. It’s best to take action right away when you receive a rate increase notification. The sooner you start addressing it, the better.
Here are 5 ways to lower your Florida homeowners insurance:
- Get quotes. The most important step you can take in saving money on your premiums is to get numerous free homeowners insurance quotes. This way you can compare rates and coverage so you can find the best option available.
- Review deductible. Opting for a bigger deductible will save you money on your overall insurance rate. If you want to save money it’s a good idea to consider whether or not raising your deductible makes sense.
- Streamline policies. If you get your homeowners insurance and auto insurance policies from the same company you may get a discount. Inquire with the company to see if they offer a discount and if they do, move your policies to one company. This only makes sense to do if your auto insurance premiums do not go up, so keep that in mind.
- Ask for discounts. There may be various discount options that you are not aware of. Inquire with the insurance company to see if there are things you can do to lower your rate.
- Secure your home. If you add security options to your home, such as cameras and an alarm, you may be able to lower your rates. Inquire about what security options will give you a discount.
Contact us here at Webb Insurance Options today for free homeowner’s insurance quotes. Give us two minutes to provide your basic information and we will take it from there to get you multiple free homeowners insurance quotes. Our mission is to help you find the lowest rate without compromising on quality insurance. Get started saving money today!
Webb Insurance Options provides free homeowners insurance quotes for all of Florida, including the areas of Orlando, Jacksonville, Daytona Beach, Tampa, Miami, Tallahassee, Ocala, Gainesville, Fort Myers, and beyond.