If you live in Florida, or are one of the millions of people moving to the state, it is important to become familiar with what is required to insure your vehicles. Florida auto insurance requirements aim to help keep drivers safer around the state, because they make sure that everyone has car insurance coverage. Whether you are a native of the state, or you recently moved to Florida, it’s important to make sure you have proper auto insurance coverage.
The Florida auto insurance requirements include:
- All vehicles that will be driven in the state must have insurance. If you live in the state have a vehicle that you plan to drive, you have to make sure you have it properly insured.
- In order to maintain your Florida license plate and registration, you have to keep auto insurance on your vehicle. If you fail to do so, your driving privilege could be suspended.
- All new vehicles will need to be properly insured. This means that if you purchase a car you will need to get it insured, so that you can then get the license plates and registration. You will need to show proof of that insurance when you go to register the vehicle.
- New residents are not allowed to keep the auto insurance policy from their last state. They need to switch to a Florida policy, as well as have their vehicle registered in this state.
- The minimum coverage for personal injury protection coverage is $10,000. There is also a minimum coverage of $10,000 for property damage liability.
Being required to have Florida auto insurance does not mean that you have to pay a lot for it. Every auto insurance provider charges a different rate, and there are individual factors that will influence the rate that you are offered. Things such as your deductible, vehicle style, and your driving record all play a role in the company determining the rate you are offered.
If you want the best Florida auto insurance rate, contact us here at Webb Insurance Options. We will get the rates from numerous companies, compare them, and provide you with the information on the most affordable option available to you. Our mission is to help you find the most affordable rates, helping you meet the Florida auto insurance requirements, and keep more money in your pocket.
Contact us for a free auto insurance quote today!